DIY Jewelry to Spice Up Your Fall Look » Daily Mom
It’s that time of year again; summer clothes are put away, while chunky sweaters, leggings and boots come out to play. What better way to spice up those fall outfits on a budget than to make your own jewelry?
With just a few easy steps, your fall outfit will be complete with a unique piece of wearable art. Here’s how:
For this project, you’ll need the following:
- 2 copper ear wires
- 2 copper 6mm Jump Rings
- 2 copper eye pins
- 4 silver feather charms
- 2 red ring beads
- 2 turquoise stone cube beads
- 1 round Nose Pliers
- 1 self-locking set of tweezers
1. Place a turquoise bead hole up in middle of the red ring bead. Use the eye pin to string them together.
2. Use a wire cutter to cut the eye pin halfway down, leaving enough room to make a loop on the end.
3. Use the round nose pliers to curve the eye pin and make a loop.
4. Use round nose pliers to slightly open the loop on the ear wire. Attach the ear wire to the eye pin that holds the red ring bead.
5. Remove 4 feather charms from the silver chain by inserting self locking tweezers into the jump ring and squeezing. This will open the ring slightly.
Two round nose pliers could replace the self locking tweezers. Simply take the round nose pliers on each side of the jump ring with the joining slit to the top. Slowly push down with one pliers and pull up with the other. This will open the jump ring without changing the shape of the circle.
6. Use a 6 mm jump ring to attach 2 feather charms to the end of each red ring.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the second earring and you will be ready to rock a new look for fall!
Any color of beads or any kind of charms can be used to make the jewelry specific to a unique style!
Homemade gifts are the perfect way to show how much you care. Gift your friends or family with a new piece of jewelry. It’s unique, original and perfect for a birthday or Christmas gift.
Want More Ideas?
Once the basics of jewelry making is learned it is super easy to turn that knowledge into bracelets and necklaces as well. Have fun! The possibilities are endless!
Love to DIY on a dime? For another fun, budget friendly project check out these DIY Photo Coasters. A unique way to dress up and personalize any space!
Photo Credits: Baby Bull and Me
Tags: accessories, budget friendly, custom jewelry, DIY, DIY Jewelry, Fall Accessories, jewelry, jewelry making, Wearable art
Trackback from your site.
This content belongs to the Source Link identified below, all rights are reserved.